Pages

Monday 7 November 2011

Good eats near campus


Pesto Chicken Panini and Citrus Berry (Vegan) Smoothie $15


Ok, so here in the Exchange there’s lot of great places to grab a nice lunch. Some, as a student, I just can’t afford. Kay’s Deli, a block from RRC’s Princess Street campus on William Avenue, is pretty reasonable.

I heard about this place from my parents earlier in the week and was enticed by the small, but gourmet-sounding menu options.

They have paninis (hello, grilled Portabella mushrooms), wraps (small, but yummy), rotating daily soups (a vegan option always available), and salads (the classics and then some).

Not to mention their fresh juices in really odd combinations. Have you ever tried pomegranate/apple/carrot juice? I haven’t, but it’s on my list.

Just a word of caution, a couple of my friends thought the prices were a little steep for portion sizes. I paid just under $15 for a panini and smoothie with tip. I was full when I left.

Overall, good atmosphere and yummy food equals a nice Friday lunch. I suggest you give it a try.

Small and cozy.


They sell the artwork they display on the walls.






No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?