Pages

Tuesday 25 September 2012

Body art

An interesting post by my friend Sarah Panas got me thinking. She is currently in the throws of a debate with herself over whether to remove her cheek piercings to "keep doors open" for herself once we're on the job market in a year. So I started wondering about workplaces and if our body piercings or body art have become integral to our self image, do we want to work in a place that looks down on them?

My initial thoughts are so long your adornments aren't a distraction when meeting new people or, say, talking to your boss they should be fine. I don't think Sarah's piercings are. But what will she do?

My tattoo. Matches my father's tattoo. Easily concealed by a sleeve.
Photo by Maria Cristina Laureano.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?