Pages

Thursday 22 March 2012

Take a break, read our mag

Anyone leafing through the CreComm blogroll this week can probably tell something big--and I mean CreComm big--is happening.

The magazines that we conceptualized, wrote for, designed, laid-out, and edited are done. Let me introduce you to Interval magazine.

We're a lifestyle magazine for 13 and 14-year-olds. Why, you ask? Our answer is simple: we wanted one when we were that age.

Most of the "lifestyle" mags you come across are geared towards young, professional women. I subscribe to the Marie Claire way of life, in case you were wondering.

So we wanted to take what we could from those that came before us and make it relevant to teenagers who are still navigating their ways through middle and high-school. Think of Interval as a trail of bred crumbs that will lead you to university, college, or whatever comes next for you after graduation.

But, as many of my classmates will tell this project takes boat loads of mental energy. I find myself talking in cliches because my mind can't think of anything original to say.

As I'm writing this I'm thinking, I can do better than this. There's no witty banter, sarcastic comments or interesting insights into...okay, anything.

So my goal as it stands right now is this: make it to Friday at 3 p.m. And then sleep.

Signing off,

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?